First line Provides CCTV Installation in London
It is essential when working in the security industry that you undergo specified training programmes that result in the recognised qualifications you will need for all aspects of security. Individuals applying for a SIA licence must prove that they are properly qualified to do their job with the particular set of skills needed for the vastly expanding security industry. This results in a professional and capable workforce, equipped with the correct abilities for every aspect of security.
In order to obtain an SIA CCTV licence, you will need to show that you are trained to the right level. This applies to front line staff only.
To get one of the qualifications linked to Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) licensing you will need to attend and take two training modules and take and pass two exams. The duration of the training should be 32 hours. The course may be delivered over four days or during weekends and/or evening sessions.
Common Security Industry Knowledge
• Session 1: Awareness of the Law in the Private Security Industry
• Session 2: Health and Safety for the Private Security Operative
• Session 3: Fire Safety Awareness
• Session 4: Emergency Procedures
• Session 5: The Private Security Industry
• Session 6: Communication Skills and Customer Care
Public Space Surveillance (CCTV) Operations
• Session 1: Introduction to the Roles and Responsibilities of the CCTV Operator and other CCTV Staff
• Session 2: Codes of Practice, Operational Procedures and Guidelines
• Session 3: CCTV Equipment and its Operation
• Session 4: Legislation
• Session 5: Dealing with Incidents
• Session 6: CCTV Surveillance Techniques
• Session 7: Emergency Procedures in the CCTV Control Room
• Session 8: Health and Safety at Work in the CCTV Control Room